Sunday, December 26, 2021

How did Santa treat you this year?

I gotta  be honest - we don't exchange very many gifts at Christmas any more. There's no point to it. I can buy my own socks and underwear... 

I really can't say that I'm terribly disappointed in the gifts that I did 
receive from Santa this year. I really DO appreciate them all. I do. I had been hoping for a moaner or - even better  -  a screamer,  but I guess we'll just make do with the sweater...
... 

Think warm thoughts - you're on your way to springtime.
Oh, and it was 78  here yesterday. The struggle is real...
... 

... 

... 

NASA's James Webb Space Telescope launched yesterday, 
beginning a one-million-mile journey to see
 13.5 billion years into the past. Think about that...
... 

... 

... 

... 


Nearly one thousand flights domestic and international flights with one leg in the US were shelved Saturday, up from 690 grounded flights the day before, according to FlightAware, a flight-tracking website.More than 570 flights scheduled to depart in the US on Sunday had already been canceled.
I've never understood this. Why would anyone want to travel on Christmas Day? Okay, maybe to Jews and Muslims (just read 'non-christians') it doesn't matter, but fuck me - everything's closed pretty much, so why do it? Juss' sayin'...
... 

... 

We rented a house in Umbria (that's in Italy) a few years ago, and it had a fireplace in the living room that was about as big as this but no where near as cool-looking. If I did have to live somewhere where it got cold, I think I'd need to have something like this...
... 

... 

... 

Living next door to people that do shit like this is better - 
and cheaper - than having cable. Juss' sayin'...
... 

“All of you have the power to do something for someone else this holiday season,” said Schwarzenegger, 74. “It doesn’t have to be big. Just give a few minutes of your time to help someone else.” Los Angeles has increasingly embraced the “tiny home” model to address the city’s famously teeming homeless population. The units are 64 square feet and can be rapidly assembled. They have two beds, full heating and air-conditioning and a small desk, according to Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission. Hope of the Valley launched its first “Tiny Home Village” in North Hollywood in February. 

... 

... 

There was a time when I could see this every evening...
... 

... 

It' starting to get serous now. I don't check my numbers until after I do the morning blog post. If I do it the other way around and shit works the way I'd like it to, you wouldn't be reading this...
... 

... 

... 

 Have a birthday or anniversary 
coming up in January?
To see all that my wife has to offer in gift ideas,  
click on the picture below.

... 

... 

... 












1 comment:

  1. Regarding getting a Sweater for Christmas. I got one once, in spite of specifically asking for a Moaner or a Screamer. Very disappointing but still appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Those Twisted Hillbillies sure do pick 'em...

...    You'll find our Twisted Hillbilly buddies here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086379333744