Friday, July 24, 2020

My world changed last night - and not for the better.



The seats should remain empty 
forever as far as I'm concerned.


They broke my heart last night... 
... 


What exactly the fuck was that bullshit all about? Who is the fuckin moron that thought that that was a good idea?
... 

... 

... 

In a joint demonstration of support for the Black Lives Matter movement, players, managers and coaches of the New York Yankees and Washington Nationals knelt in unison before the opening game of the 2020 baseball season, then stood for the national anthem Thursday night.


Members of the New York Yankees and Washington Nationals kneel and hold a piece of black fabric before an opening day baseball game at Nationals Park, Thursday, July 23, 2020, in Washington.
... 


... 


And then ya get this stupid bullshit. Jeez.
... 

I was born on Mickey Mantle's birthday. 

My father's mother was a good friend of Mickey and Whitey Ford. I've been a Yankee fan my entire life. More importantly, I've been a fan of the game of baseball my entire life. 

Those actions taken by both MLB itself and the players last night have shaken me to my core. I honestly don't know if I'll ever enjoy the game again. 

I'm no crybaby - on the contrary - I like it when people vent their anger about something. Shit - I'm doing it right now. What I resent is corporate displays of bullshit. That's what I saw last night. It disgusted me.
... 

... 

This is Josephine Baker.


Miss Baker was a dancer and singer who, having difficulty finding work here in the US during the early Roaring 20's days, travelled to Europe and became wildly popular in France during the 1920s and in to the 30s. As her ability to entertain diminished, she devoted the rest of her life to fighting racism.

She must have been a whole lotta fun to hang out with...
... 

... 

...

Yankees’ Hall of Famer plays catch 
with Trump at the White House


This guy is a class act.
...


Though Robby the Robot made millions in his heyday,
 the sad truth is that he blew it all in Vegas at the 
tables and on fast women.
...


If this is the way you lean, 
don't be afraid to show your support.

Get yours here:
... 


Mowing the lawn in air conditioned comfort. Who knew?
... 


Despicable bastards. I grew up in/around the catholic church. These jerkoffs 
got away with this shit forever. It's about time they're getting their asses busted.
...


Wow. I have no idea what's what here.
...

Florida man tries to evade arrest by cartwheeling away from cops



A Florida man was caught on camera trying to evade arrest — by cartwheeling away from the police.

The now-viral footage shows the gymnastics enthusiast blocking the path of a truck at a Wawa in Orlando, by doing a flip in the middle of the roadway.

Officers took him down for apparently blocking traffic, but the man was able to wiggle out of their grasp. He then launched into a cartwheel — but didn’t get very far.

... 

... 

... 


Oh, c'mon. You know there's a coupla jokes in there somewhere...
... 

... 

There's a nation-wide coin shortage. 
Seriously.



Bust open that coin jar you have and cash 'em in. 
This'll make it easy for you. I have this set. 
Do it the way I do it -  crack a beer and sort the coins.

Get yours here:
110 Coin Wrappers Included

... 


This is Ivan's Stress Free Bar on Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. Certainly in the top five of my all-time favorite bars. The BVI government has closed all bars and restaurants until September. 

  It really is ponderous how these politicians actually think that these people and their livelihoods can somehow miraculously survive being closed for so long.
... 


Annette Funicello and Shirley Temple. They were both cute kids who both turned in to major babes when they grew up. Well, I think so, anyway.
... 


I honestly don't believe that any of these mayors 
give a flying rat's ass fuck about the economy or jobs. 
Justa buncha power-mad scumbags.
... 

Suicide Bunny's had just about enough 
of all this COVID and BLM bullshit.


 If you've never seen any of this guy's work, you're in for a treat. 
I think he's fuckin' brilliant. Here ya go:











... 

... 


Have a dog that stinks? 
Here's a great way to handle that pain in the ass:

... 


The teacher's unions don't wanna go back to work. They still want the teachers to be paid in full, they just don't want them to have to work for it. That makes sense, right?
... 


That is/was an actual calendar page for god knows what. 
Ya know, them Hondurans sure are strange folk...
... 


Absolute fuckin' madness around every corner. 
How are we to survive these fuckin' morons?
... 

... 


Doesn't matter that it's the middle of summer - it's still funny.
... 

... 

... 



Here's a great soft-sided range bag - it's available in different colors:

... 


Because we're idiots. That's why.
... 

I'll leave ya with this:


... 


Grand Central Terminal, NYC, 1929. The sun no longer shines through like that due to the surrounding tall buildings.
... 

... 


This is Natalia Nikolaevna Zacharenko. 
You probably know her by a different name.
... 

 ... 

... 

... 

... 



9 comments:

  1. I laughed my ass off at the cartwheeler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so, mlb joins nfl, nba and nascar.Good bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concerning the supposed coin shortage....I am not going to turn my extra coins in......all that will happen is the government will get their hands on that legal tender and then secret it in a vault somewhere thereby hastening the "cashless" society that they want

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's every store you go in to here in Florida

      Delete
  4. Hondurans may be strange, but it looks like they're having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

It's simple. If you grow your own they can't tax it. What part of that don't you understand?

  Days after the international holiday for weed, activists planted cannabis in front of the Statehouse in Trenton to protest New Jersey’s ba...