Saturday, July 27, 2019

Once more with feeling...

I know I harp on this. I don't care.
Grand Funk is/was a GREAT band.

...

Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain - Live at Shea Stadium 1971



I had a chance to go to this show and I blew it off.
Shame on me.

...

Inside Looking Out 1969



This is the soundtrack of my High School life in Newark, NJ...

Mark Farner - a good guitar player/singer, Mel Schacher - a solid bass player, and Donnie Brewer on Drums. Brewer was stellar for the size of the kit he played on...


...

I was in love with Nancy Martinez


That's yours truly himself at the time.
She was amazing - and beautiful and crazy.

...


Me at 14. Go ahead ladies - drool...

At least I was tryin' to be cool. At least I was Trying - that was 1967!

...

Anyway, here's some more Funk if ya need it - the first album. If you've never experienced it, maybe now's the time...







3 comments:

  1. And yet the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame still hasn't inducted them in.

    That's a whole lotta stupid right there. One of the best late 60's bands, and they are continually ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But ABBA is in. That whole thing is a fucking joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Here's another gift of a sexy HillBetty from our friends at Twisted Hillbilly...

  I believe her name is Taryn Walker...