Wednesday, April 17, 2019


Random thoughts for today...


 
I am NOT a political person by any means. I follow politics to a very small degree because it's almost unavoidable between radio, print media, the internet and TV( which I rarely even watch). I didn't even vote in the last presidential election (given the choices).  
I grew up in NJ and I'm disgusted by what's going on there today, but I must admit, Democrats in New York — home to Bill DeBlasio, Alexandria Ocascio-Cortez, and the Cuomo dynasty — are continuing their competition with California, Oregon, New Jersey and Washington to see which state can become the looniest of the loony bins.
Between sanctuary cities, banning oversized drinks and taxes that are through the roof, New York State hit a new low last week when they voted to increase college tuition funding for ILLEGALS  but they voted to block funding for free tuition for the children of American soldiers killed in the line of duty. That, to me, is despicable. Sorry. See the story here:
 
...
 
 
Have any idea who this cute little High School girl is?
That's Mona Lisa Vito. And her body clock is 'ticking like this'...
 
...
 
 
Any idea who THIS is?
This is Scilla Gabel, an Italian film, television and stage actress.
She appeared in 50 films between 1954 and 1982. Gabel was born in Rimini, Italy.
She entered the movie industry as Sophia Loren’s body double.
Think about THAT for a minute or two...
 
...
 
 
This should be a building code requirement for every household...
 
...
 
I admire people with truly twisted senses of humor and Larson was one of the greatest.
 
...
 
 
The last of the Doolittle Raiders will be honored with a memorial in Texas on Thursday, the 77th anniversary of their World War II mission. Retired Air Force Lt. Col. Richard "Dick" E. Cole died April 9 at the age of 103. You can find more info on his life and legacy here:
 
...
 
 
I post quite a few pics of roads. Some with blind turns, some with vanishing points, and others that I just really enjoy the framing and substance of the shot.
The real reason I post them, however, is because to me they're allegorical. They show that no matter what path you're on (in life), no matter what the condition of the road is or where it comes from or where it may or may not lead, it's where you ARE that matters most. The roads can/may take you where you wanna go, but it's where you are RIGHT NOW that matters most.
 
...
 
 
 
Senior year dance in the ballroom of Essex Catholic High School (An all-boys school in Newark, NJ run the Diocese of Newark and The Irish Christian Brothers - the school no longer exists) in 1971. I'm in the background somewhere stepping on Denice's feet. I wish I was a lot smarter then.
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment