Wednesday, August 7, 2024

The White Sox won a game - finally! Oh, is there other, more important shit to talk about? My bad...

 They won for the first time since July 9th...   
 
 
Back on July 10th, if you had bet $ 100.00 that the White Sox 
would lose that night, and you had rolled-over your bet every day until yesterday afternoon, you would have been up just shy of one billion dollars. Do the math for yourself. That was one helluva losing streak.
 
... 

... 

... 

... 

When your enemy is making mistakes, don't interrupt him.

- Billy Beane                            
... 

 
The blush is off the rose for Florida as America's best place to retire. 
According to the Bankrate's annual rankings, Delaware is the best state for retirees to thanks to its high-quality healthcare, light tax burden, affordable homeowner insurance and good weather.
Bankrate's analysis, which considered affordability, overall well-being, the cost and quality of health care, and crime rates for each U.S. state, found that Florida, often considered a retirement hotspot, ranked eighth for the second year in a row. It was behind Delaware, West Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi and Pennsylvania.
... 

Even the leftie newspapers think this guy is nuts.
... 

... 


Am I the only one here who thinks it's weird that government employees 
have a union? There's something about that that just seems odd to me. 
Maybe one of you can explain it better somehow.
... 


If you don't know wha this cartoon is about, Google 'Walz tampon'.
... 

... 

... 

... 

... 

Here's a great idea for a gift that's both
 truly unique and elegant...
 
Click on the picture for more information on this beautiful bracelet.
It's a one of a kind gift - and it comes to you with free shipping!
... 

How much ya wanna bet he does the majority of the talking?
... 

... 

... 








3 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to see that the 'New troubles' in Northern Ireland have brought both sides together against a common enemy. Last time this happened, the two ladies involved were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1976.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked 24 years in local government. When I first hired on belonging to the "Employees Association" was optional. The next contract it became mandatory. I chose the plan where I would only pay for the negotiations not money to their union. I wasn't a screw up, I didn't need their representation. I later promoted and was forced to join another "association". I went the same route. When the Supreme Court decision came around ( I don't recall the name). the "association" quietly gave me the boot. Retired and outta that bullsh*t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was against the A's. Does that really count?

    ReplyDelete