Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Message In A Bottle Discovered On A New Jersey Beach Could Be The Oldest Ever Found...


 
Amy Smyth Murphy, 49, was walking along the beaches of Corson’s Inlet State Park in New Jersey one morning in early July when she found the green-colored bottle and noticed several papers inside. Once she opened it up, her excitement grew.
Back in 2018, an Australian couple, Tonya and Kym Illman, had found a message in a bottle that dated back to 1886. The gin bottle, which was thrown overboard by the captain of the German ship Paula, currently holds the Guinness World Record for the oldest message in a bottle ever found.
It's a pretty cool story. Read the rest of it here.




1 comment:

  1. I stopped wearing a watch after I retired. shame really as I have a very nice Qmega speedmaster sitting in my drawer.
    should get it fixed or serviced but it costs a lot more than I paid for it many years ago.

    ReplyDelete