Monday, June 10, 2024

There aren't many things from New Jersey that I miss, but...

I miss the bakeries and the bread and a good slice of pizza and a bunch of my friends, but most of all I miss my garden...  

 
Up there I could grow so many things that I can't or won't grow here, especially tomatoes. They just don't work here in NoCenFl, mainly because the hot weather is too consistant day over night. Tomatos do the majority of their growing at night, but need a day/night temp differential of 25-30 degrees to grow properly. Also, rain is actually the enemy of tomatoes - the worst thing you can do to a healthy plant is to water the leaves, and in their peak growing time it rains pretty much every friggin' day here. 
That's why you see those metal rings around the plants. I used them as wells to fill with water to feed just the base of the plants . Worked like a friggin' champ.
...  

...  

Try as it might, the AP just cannot say anything nice about him
...  

...  

 
The fifth US circuit court of appeals (in New Orleans) issued its decision on Thursday in a 76-page majority opinion, which was written by Judge Jacques Wiener Jr and opened with a quote from American poet Walt Whitman: “The dirtiest book in all the world is the expurgated book.”
In its decision, the appellate court declared that “government actors may not remove books from a public library with the intent to deprive patrons of access to ideas with which they disagree”.
It added: “This court has declared that officials may not ‘remove books from school library shelves simply because they dislike the idea contained in those books and seek by their removal to prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion or other matters of opinion.’”
Well played, gentlemen, Banning books is about as fuckin' devious as it gets. Isn't that what the first amendment is all about?
...  

...  

 
This is a screen cap of today's US Sun.com's front page on 
their website. Talk about shitty ad placement, huh?
...  

...  

...
 
You know a special someone who's going to 
be celebrating a birthday or anniversary
 soon. Why not buy this for her?
    
Click on the picture for more information on this beautiful bracelet.
It's a perfect gift and the price includes free shipping. 
...    

...  


What a grand idea. I'd do that in a heartbeat if people weren't such assholes...
...  


Me and Babs are going to Ireland for two weeks in September. 
Don't be jealous, but the two round-trip Orlando-to-Dublin tickets cost a total of $ 106.20, plus a shitload of miles from my credit card but fuck it - that's why I have that United Visa card in the first place. 
That bar that me and whatshername are standing in front of is in Belfast. It's a really cool place. Goggle it.
Anybody wanna fill in for me doing the blog while I'm away? There a great deal of personal satisfaction in being able to rant and vent like I do on a daily basis. Juss' sayin'...
...  

...  

That is NOT a rhetorical question...
...  

...  











5 comments:

  1. I put my own stars-and-stripes pride flag up on memorial Day, and it will stay up the whole summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered new Pine Tree and Gadsden flags and will fly them next to Old Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you got the "I'm a tourist" look down pat. Right down to the brand new, whiter-than-white shoes. lol What's up with the pink hat? I can feel the locals rolling their eyes in that pic. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can garden in the area. Between Oct and April in ncfl for traditional vegetable gardening.... Cherry tomatoes do better than the big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two round trip tickets Orlando-Dublin for $106.20 ??? At that price, are you in an unpressurized baggage compartment ?

    ReplyDelete