Saturday, May 25, 2024

What are you guys doing this weekend? Me? Nothing...

...  

Check the date on that notice - 50 years ago...
...  

...  

...  


I had this conversation last night when a woman said 'Happy Memorial Day' to me when she was leaving the bar. I thought to myself that there's something wrong with that statement. Yes, I guess should all be happy on Memorial Day that we enjoy the freedoms gained by those who've given the ultimate sacrifice, but the words just sound weird to me. I think 'Have a good Memorial Day' is more appropriate. Am I just picking nits here on that?
...  

...  

I'm not gonna rag on the VA. They are my primary and the 
service and care I enjoy from them couldn't be better. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm slowly going deaf, in my left ear especially, so I call the VA back in Marcj to make an appointment to see an audiologist. The appointment I got was for June 12. Next month. Yup - a three-month wait to see an ear doc, but I can't bitch. The clinic here in The Villages has 42,000 veteraan patients. It's the largest VA clinic in the world. And it runs like clockwork. I have never had a bad experince there. Just saying that says a lot...
...  

...  

...  

This isn't exactly 'Where's Waldo',
 but it is frighteningly similar...

 
Pilgrims gather around the effigy of the Virgin of El Rocío during the annual pilgrimage in the Andalucian village. The Virgin of El Rocío (also known as Madonna of El Rocío or Our Lady of El Rocío, Spanish: Virgen del Rocío, Nuestra Señora del Rocío; also, formerly, Nuestra Señora de los Remedios or Santa María de las Rocinas) is a small carved wooden statue of the Virgin and Child, of which the only carved parts are the face. 
Take a good hard look at this shot and the tell me what's wrong with this picture...
... 

...

Here's a nice idea for a gift for someone special.
    
Click on the picture for more information on these beautiful earrings.
They're only $ 20.00 for the pair and that price includes free shipping!
...  

... 

 
The youngest that any WWII veteran can possibly be - 
especially if he or she lied about their age going in, 
would today be 91 years old.
... 

... 









8 comments:

  1. Picture has all men in the crowd

    ReplyDelete
  2. VA care is great for me, once I get in to see an actual doctor. My primary physician canceled on me twice for my biannual check up before I finally agreed to see an alternate doctor. I put a call in to my physical medicine doctor 2 1/2 weeks ago for a referral to an orthopedic doctor and still haven’t heard back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We old Vets remember:
    https://youtu.be/yZkE6ksNEEo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad was a WW2 vet. He always seemed to be happy with his VA medical care, in the Pittsburgh area. They covered all his meds. When he lost the ability to walk, they gave him a high-end electric wheelchair. When he died, they didn't want it back, so it's there if my Mom ever needs it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think saying Happy Memorial Day is wrong. Nobody goes to a memorial service and says to the grieving family Happy Funeral Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giusepp', a big AMEN to your appreciation of VA health care, which, in my local VA hospital, has improved for me and our fellow vets over the last 15 years. The health care itself is first-rate, it's the VA administrative bureaucracy that could use some, shall we say, streamlining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the picture's otherwise bareheaded crowd, in the upper left Waldo Garcia is wearing a Panama hat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grateful. Thankful. Enjoying my Freedoms. Remember and Honor.
    I led a Memorial Day ceremony about 60miles distant for a small town, some 50 or so locals observed.
    They were grateful someone would provide a tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank Twisted Hillbilly for giving us another stunning HillBetty...

I'm an absolute sucker for these  side-boob shots...