Tuesday, February 13, 2024

This may be the best Valentine's Day promotion I've ever heard of...

If chocolate is the key to the heart, then dumplings are the 
key to heartbreak. At least according to these guys...   
 
 
This story is from USA Today - P.F. Chang's will give six free dumplings to anyone who was recently dumped via text message as part a Valentine's Day promotion. "A breakup text is now the golden ticket to free DUMPlings at P.F. Chang’s this month," the Asian and Chinese food chain said in a news release. 
From Feb. 7 through Feb 24, you can redeem your dumplings by proving you were dumped, according the a news release. To redeem the deal, text code "CHANGSDUMPLINGS" to 855-697-6181 along with either a breakup story or screenshot of the breakup text and await further instructions.
Users can then receive six-count of shrimp or pork dumplings at a P.F. Changs restaurant or via delivery. P.F. Changs said the "DUMPlings program" makes the perfect comfort food for those experiencing heartbreak and shows the chain's efforts to cater to all guests, whether they're celebrating a longtime relationship or newly single.
...   

...   

 
Is this data about right now or is it a projection of what the numbers will be in 2027? The website didn't make that clear. I have both Showtime and Prime, and I don't even watch TV, so WTF is wrong with that picture?
...   

That's subtle. I like subtle...
...   

...   

Beyonce's new album will include two 'country' songs. 
Now I know the earth has shifted on it's axis...
...   

In advertising, as in almost anything else, sometimes less really is more. 
I think today's marketers have lost sight of that concept.
...   

...   

30,000 Allied troups were killed in the battles in Italy and Sicily in 1943 and 1944. I had no idea the numbers were that high.
... 

The orginal title of this (formerly) black & white print - the photo is by Inge Morath - was 'A perfect night, Central Park'. It's from the early '60's. Just one more experience your kids and grand-kids will never experience. Kinda sad...
...   

Dashcam videos of that jet that crashed on I-75 last week. Tell me that wouldn't have you shitting your drawers if it happened right in front of you...
...   

Smart gal. They should all be that smart...
...   

I fell asleep during the 4th quarter - never saw 
the end of the game. My bad...
...   


Joe Pesci was my barber when I was in High School. 
That is an absolute 100% true fact.
...  

You don't need a made-up 'holiday' if
 you want to get her something nice...
 
Click on the picture for more information on this unique hand-made bracelet.
It's only $ 48.00 and that includes free shipping!
...  

Barbara - you know, my wife, the jewelry-makin' babe I hang out with - was an Art Teacher (inner-city in NJ no less), and I showed her this story. Her response? 'Wow - I never saw one thing my kids ever did that I could have sold'...
...  

...  

 
Well - that settles that alright...
...  

...  











2 comments:

  1. The Italian campaign was a huge waste. In '43, it was too early to go back to France, which the Limeys wanted no part of, but here's the kicker. Most of those casualties were American. The big fights - Salerno, San Pietro, Anzio, Cassino - were all in the US 5th Army's AO - and we only had 5 divisions there. VI Corps took a terrible pounding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Go home and get your fucking hair clippers....

    ReplyDelete

Your Saturday night HillBetty from our friends at Twisted Hillbilly is here...

...    Here's a great idea for a gift  that's  both  truly unique and very affordable...   Click on the picture for more information...