Saturday, February 17, 2024

The song remains the same...

How fucked up are their priorities that they'd blow that much money instead of using it to help people in need?
 
...  

...  

...  

At what point did that fact that you might be smoking 
a cigarette in public make you a social pariah?
 
Cigarette machines used to be pretty much everywhere, and as long as you put the money in you could get a pack of smokes no matter what age you were. There were smoking sections in restaurants and theaters, even in airplanes. even though the airplane no smoking seat was directly in front of the smoking seat so that was kinda stupid, but WTF - what happened to us? It was that fuckin' sturgeon general, that's what happened. The bastard. Juss' sayin'...
...  

But think about it - a 'doomsday clock' that would 
be set at any other time, like say 3:45, wouldn't 
make any sense at all, now would it...
...  

...  

... 
...  

Yeah - like you didn't do this when you were a kid. Okay...
...  

There are a coupla reasons why this is fucked up, 
but for now let's just mention the one, most importantly fuckin' fucked up thing about this shit. First and foremost is that there is no injured party involved. Nobody came forward and said that they had been hood-winked or fucked or ripped off or anything of the sort. The entire thing was fabricated out of no cloth by a prosecutor hell-bent on hating DJT and nothing more. I could expand on this but fuck it. It's a fucked-up world we live in nowadays. 'Nuff said...
...  

... 


... 
... 

... 

 
One of these days I gotta figure out why there are 
so many 'fly-overs' over where I live. The nearest air base of any kind that I know of is in Pensicola, which ain't exactly around the corner from me. Maybe it's because Cape Canaveral is only like 120 miles away.
... 

... 

... 

Need a gift idea for someone special?
 
 
Click on any item to see what Barbara has available in her store today...
...  













15 comments:

  1. I can remember buying cigarettes from a machine just like that at the gas station. I was 14 and working giving horseback rides at a local YMCA day camp, and we rode our horses right by that gas station every morning. I think they cost somewhere around 50 cents a pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are 96 miles away from MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, which is a lot closer than Pensacola. Could be from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MacDill AFB, Tampa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding the flyovers, there used to be what were called "oil burner routes" utilized by the navy for simulated low level bombing runs....I remember driving up I-75 or US 301 and seeing an A7 come barreling across the road at tree top level, coming from your direction as a matter of fact....that was when Cecil Field was still in operation....I don't know if the same are performed out of Jax Mainside or Mayport....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lake George and Pinecastle Bombing Ranges at Ocala National Forest.

      Delete
  5. If there ever were going to be a "doomsday" I predict government assholes will be the ones to cause it.
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ m former Air Force, moved to Venice 5 years ago from Ohio. I dearly miss jets of any kind, and envy you routine flyovers. McGill is up in Tampa, but we NEVER see any military jets, or commercial for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They fly over your area because that's where their parents/grandparents live...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the days when you were a pariah for complaining about smokers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the fact that I sill smoke is what? Wasn't me bitchin', Tony - musta been some other crybaby...

      Delete
    2. didn't mean you,sorry. I meant the non smoking public as a whole. one was definitely in the minority if they complained about smoking

      Delete
  9. Oh, well! another good blog I'll have to put on my strike-off list due to censorship for "bad" language when I go out of my way to expressly use substitute symbols to minimize the effect of "improper" language

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a kid cigarettes were 18 cents a pack. My mom would send me to the corner store with two dimes to get a pack for her out of the cigarette machine there. When the cigarette pack came out of the machine it had two pennies taped to it. And she expected to get the pack with the pennies still intact. That's when a penny was worth something. Five cents would buy a nickle coke at the fountain or a full size Hershey bar. How much is a Hershey bar today?

      Delete
  10. Silly putty, works great on comics printed in color.

    ReplyDelete

Where's Waldo? For that matter, where's Joe?

 He'll be back in town tomorrow... I've been travelling...