Monday, July 17, 2023

The day Clapton became a god...

 March 10, 1968 live at the Fillmore in San Fransisco. 
May well be the greatest power trio of all time...  

 
At the time, he was 24 years old. Almost to a person most modern guitar players will tell you that both solos in the song - the two bridges - are the best guitar solos of all time. I can't disagree - especially with the second bridge. Absolutely brilliant, flawless playing. Don't know anything he's done since that matches it's brilliance. Juss' sayin'...
 

And I know some of you may disagree about the best power trio ever. 
Rush may or may not be number two, but you can't discount Mountain 
and Grand Funk, either. I'll give you that, so hush up...

...  





6 comments:

  1. Power Trio? For my money it'd be Roy Clark, Jerry Reed and Glen Campbell. I've heard apocryphal tales that BOTH Eddie Van Halen and Jimi Hendrix touted Roy Clark as the best guitarist alive (Back when he was alive).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares? It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the two bridge solos are excellent, but you are out of your mind if you think, "Almost to a person most modern guitar players will tell you that both solos in the song,,, are the best guitar solos of all time." I really enjoy your site--I visit multiple times a day, but this is craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recall Hocus Pocus by Focus on the radio when I was young. Now on Youtube I can watch the performance and be amazed. The guitarist, Jan Akkerman,is amazing, as are they all. I'm going to have this at my funeral to represent the inner turmoil within the calm exterior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ZZ Top hands down the best.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here, but Calvin is...