Saturday, June 3, 2023

It's not your Dad's Army anymore. Not the one I was in, either...

I did a good stretch of my service time at Bragg. 
Now I don't know where I served...  

Fort Bragg, the U.S. Army base in North Carolina that is among the world's largest military installations, was formally renamed Fort Liberty yesterday, part of a broader effort to rechristen bases named for Confederate officers.
Last year, a commission created by Congress recommended new names for nine bases that honored Confederate officers, after the nationwide protests following the 2020 police killing of George Floyd prompted the military to re-examine its history through the lens of race.
How seriously fucked up is the Army anymore that they would even consider something so trivial to be so important? (asking for a friend)
...  

...  

I went to this Yes concert at JFK stadium in Philadelphia on June 12, 1976. Finding this picture online was a blast from the past, and it seriously jogged my memory because I hadn't thought about it for nearly 50 years. 
Talking about this to my wife last night, I realized that I remembered being there - and who I was with (or at least I think I remember them), but couldn't remember how I got there and how we got home that night. 
Is dementia creeping up or was I really that high that day?
I think we both were kinda leaning towards the Pagan Pink Ripple theory on that one...
...  

...  

Okay - see here's the thing. My Mother had a saying. It was the same saying that applied to any one or anything when someone - like my father - would say 'Honey, where are the car keys' or 'where are my reading glasses' or anything us kids would ask the location of. She would always say the same thing - 'If they were up your ass you'd know where they were.' Of course she said it with love - you understand that right? 
Anyways, this article in today's Post is a wicked friggin' pissa - as they say up in Beantown. Check it out here:

In perspective, it really doesn't look like that much 
of a technological leap there, Mr. Phillips...
...  

Like I said - perspective's a bitch...
...  

It's gotten so bad that the Walmart in San Fransisco has resorted to doing this. I guess that kinda shows ya just how fucked up - and how totally fucked - they are out there. For my readers who may live in that area, I present this:
Feel free to come join us as soon as you can...
...  

 ... 

Need to find a gift for someone special?
You can find just the thing for her right here...
 
This bracelet is only $ 18.00 and that includes free shipping.
Click on the picture for more information.
...  

Helluva take down...
...  

...  

USA Today.com - Rarely do MLB players and umpires find themselves on the same side of an argument, but that seemed to be the case in Thursday's game between the New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies.
As Mets pitcher Max Scherzer was warming up before the top of the fifth inning, home plate umpire Tripp Gibson informed him he couldn't throw his eighth and final pitch because the 2-minute, 15-second timer had expired.
Scherzer, who's not one to conceal his emotions, gestured emphatically as he walked over to Gibson and after a brief discussion, threw up his arm in disgust as he returned to the mound.
“Why do we have to be so anal about this, to have the clock up everybody’s face, shoved in everybody’s face, and try to step out every little single second that’s going through the game?” Scherzer ranted to reporters following the Mets' eventual 4-2 win.
What Scherzer - who's a friggin' crybaby to start with - doesn't understand, is that the clock is for us - not him. It;s there so we don't have to sit there like fuckin' momo's watching him 'warm up'. Deal with it asshole - yer getting paid something like $ 30,000.00 per friggin' inning... Suck it up and shut up.
...  

...  

We’re now one day in to the official start of the Atlantic hurricane season, and right on cue, a tropical disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico is heading toward Florida and is expected to dump widespread heavy rain and thunderstorms with gusty winds lasting through the weekend.
...  

Another fuckin' has-been wannabe who should just up and go away...
...  

I always kinda dug her - she's kinda cute and kinda funny, but man, am I digging this new look as she gets older. I think she's filling in a little bit, too, if ya catch my drift. No matter what, well played, Miss Zoey...
...  

okay...
...  

...  






7 comments:

  1. Go Zo!.....my lord, she is gorgeous....great find there, Joe....has been one of my favorites since I first saw her in "Failure to Launch".....stole the show....now even more so.....hope she didn't change that dry sense of humor...don't find that often in blondes.....kidding.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll always be Bragg, no matter what they call it. Goes for the other posts, too. They'll always be what they always were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zooey - Her new look is nice ... but I loved her old look a lot better.

    **Sigh!!!**

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, any kids that ask me about going in the military I tell them the same thing- DON'T. it is not what it used to be by any means. the part that always gets them is when I tell them after you raise your right hand, they OWN you.
    do as they say or get fined or go to prison. and with the clowns in charge now ? no way.
    the assholes in dc can't wait to start another bullshit useless war. unreal amount of stupid these days.
    and with the country being invaded from the south and they doing NOTHING to stop it ?
    besides giving them food, shelter and a plane or bus ticket to live on OUR dime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DeSantis ain't going to be president

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The media will make sure of that.....not to mention the destruction him and Trump will heap on each other....

      Delete
  6. I read about an ER doc who removed several toy horses from a patients butt. The Doc delighted in writing it up and listing the patients condition as “stable”

    ReplyDelete

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's important to surround yourself with idiots...

How else are you going to know how smart you are  if you don't have something to compare to ...      ...      Of course she's from C...