Sunday, April 30, 2023

"I'm tellin' ya - it's the same dame..."

This is a colorized (by me) photo still from the Preston Sturges 
1941 classic 'The Lady Eve' - one of my all-time favorite old flicks. That dress she's wearing was made/designed by Edith Head. A classy outfit for sure. 
Anyway, me and my wife have this argument every time I'm watching a movie with her in it. I think she was funny as hell and a really good actress - and really, REALLY attractive. My wife thinks she was a dog. This argument will not end well. Is this kinda shit acceptable as grounds for a divorce?
...  

...  

You know me - I normally don't do the 'meme' thing unless it's something 
I did myself, but this one got me perplexed. I'm definitely not 'well-versed in the good book' as some of you might be. Actually, I think I've only legit opened one just a couple times in my whole life, but that's a story for another day. My question is, if this shit is for real and it says all this in it, why is it called 'the good book'? Asking for a friend...
...  

And just in case you were wondering, this is/was my parish church 
when I growing up. Of course it 's a little intimidating...
...  

...  

Tornados in Palm Beach? Are they even allowed there? 
 
 
This twister picked up a car and hurled it across road as 
it cut it's way through Palm Beach near Mar-a-Lago...
...  

...  

A Russian army commander has been arrested in connection 
with the alleged theft of engines meant for advanced T-90 battle tanks. Investigators accuse Colonel Alexander Denisov of stealing seven tank engines valuing roughly 20.5 million rubles, around $260,000, between November 2021 to April 2022, the Russian newspaper Kommersant reported. 
The V-92C2 engines were intended to be installed in T-90 tanks, investigators said. Denisov, who was the head of the technical support department of the Southern Military District, was arrested last month. 
...  

...  

Another version of my life in four panels...
...  

Mother's Day is two weeks from today.
 Are you going to wait until the last 
minute to get her something nice?
 
You can do that. Wait 'til the very last minute and get her
some cheap-ass chinese made bulshit at the gas station.
 I'm sure she'll be overjoyed at your thoughtfullness.

OR - you could get her something like this... 

Click on the picture above for information on these earrings.
They're only $ 18.00 and that includes free shipping!
 You can find something nice for your Mom, your wife, 
your daughter or your girlfriend right here: 
...  

...  

...  

...  

What a genuinely miserable cunt.
...  

And we wonder why people are so fucked up and confused 
about just about everything these days...
...  

They say this is the world’s oldest known living tree. They think it sprouted sometime during the last Ice Age, roughly 9,550 years ago. This 16-foot spruce in the Dalarna province of Sweden. How the fuck could they possibly know this?
...  

...  

...  













12 comments:

  1. It's called the Good Book because it is the word of God. God is telling us what people did in those days. He isn't endorsing it. He did not create humans to act that way. WE decided to act that way, against the wishes of an awesome and good God that did not approve of what they did. But He had given us free will choice. And He will not violate our free will. People wonder why God "allows" so many terrible things here on earth. He doesn't allow it. WE CHOOSE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it hit Mar-a-Lago, if so the Demorats are going to jump for joy, speaking of Joy, she is a nasty person

    ReplyDelete
  3. That horrible, hateful hag is proof: The democrats would rather see America lose everything than see President Trump win anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "An evil leader will burn down the country to rule over the ashes"....joe biden, a miserable asshole fuck who cannot die soon enough....fuck him now, yesterday, tomorrow, and the day he was born....behar is not only a miserable cunt, she's an ugly fuck as well....

      Delete
  4. Slo Joe Biden is from Delaware......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trees are one of the very few things that can be precisely aged, by counting the rings from a core sample.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara was the 1930's bad girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An increment borer is a tool that extracts a sample of the annual rings in a tree. Those can be counted, and be assigned an age. Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara was very attractive, but certainly did not fit the "classic beauty" mold. Her sense of humor and her independent spirit were certainly a part of her beauty, but could certainly be off-putting to some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #14...this is my mom's attitude. Just before I deployed to Iraq she told me yes she knew the middle east funded terrorism, but she'd rather pay terrorists than give one of Cheney's republican buddies one red cent for gas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the Cathedral of the Sacred Hear in Newark, yes? My great grandfather, an Italian stonemason, helped build the great edifice. My family and I went to Mass there many times. Thanks for the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So....
    Who is she?

    ReplyDelete