Tuesday, January 10, 2023

No - seriously. What would you do if you hit it?

 
The very first thing I'd do (when I sobered up that is) would be to have my name changed. That's a fact, Jack. And yes, I would take the lump sum payment and spend the rest of my life giving it all away. Don't get me wrong - I'd spend like a drunken sailor on cool shit for myself and my closest family members and live La Vida Loca while I was doing it, but my life's goal would be to give every penny of it away. It's true. Call me crazy...



6 comments:

  1. After being taxed on winning and then facing the inheritance tax, can't blame you for giving it away. But you don't need to worry about it, as I'm winning it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giving it away just means he'll be paying federal gift tax instead. He'd best go find a good financial planner and estate attorney, so he doesn't do something too incredibly stupid.

      Delete
  2. I'll send ya my phone number so you can spread the love around! /0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pay off all my kids' and grandkids' mortgages, buy 'em each a new minivan, get all new tailor-made clothes ('cuz even the best off-the-rack stuff makes me look like a well-dressed stove), take a luxury cruise to Greece, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland, all while my new ranch-style 4br house on the Big Island is being built, get a coupla horses and some good dogs, put about 2 mil in savings so the interest can augment my 3 retirement incomes, and give the rest away to Wounded Warriors, the ASPCA, and Shriners' Hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing you do is call everyone you know and ask them all to borrow 10K. Then collect your winnings in wonderful silence with your few real friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some say dying penniless is perfect money management

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here, but Calvin is...