Friday, January 27, 2023

Honey - need anything at Home Depot? I hear they opened a singles bar there...

New York Post - It appears all the single ladies are going on a shopping spree – at Home Depot.
Vying for a chance to meet an eligible bachelor among the aisles of hardwood, screwdrivers and nails, the women of TikTok have discovered the perfect spot to window shop for single men. “Delete the dating apps in 2023,” content creator Breanna Nichols advised in a clip with over 24,000 views. “I’m headed to Home Depot to ‘look confused’ in the lumber aisle.”
While the dating strategy gives some people hope they’ll find a soul mate, some taken women watching from afar are aghast. “I am so glad I’m wifed up & a stay-at-home mom. It’s getting hard out there,” one user commented on Nichols’ TikTok.
“Home Depot Dating” on the platform has 3.6 billion views, so clearly it’s a trend women are willing to try – but the jury’s out on whether it hits the nail on the head.
While some bachelorettes are boasting meet-cute success, others are declaring the DIY dating hack amusing but faulty. Creator Megan Louise decided to make a quick trip to her local Home Depot and test the trick out herself. To her surprise, the male shoppers were “made out of husband material,” she admitted online. “Home Depot is where you go if you want to meet a man,” she exclaimed in a video. “I found at least three husbands.”





6 comments:

  1. Somehow, I do not think the "Honey, look what I found" line will work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not shopping for a husband, they're looking for a "honey-doer" who won't complain (or ask for sex) overmuch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a woman in her late 30's hit on me at Lowe's when she noticed I didn't have a wedding ring. My wife was down the isle and overheard. I did realize I was being hit on until my wife pointed it out. She stayed back and watched everything to see how I would handle it. I was oblivious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to a work colleague mum's funeral and his single (divorced I think) sister hit on me over snacks afterwards. I was aware what was going on so didn't play the game. I am happily married and had my ring on but that didn't seem to bother her. My work friend thought it was funny (and it was).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are people upset about this? It's actually a good strategy, go where the type of person you want is likely to hang out. For men of a certain age, I suggest volunteering at a hospital. Both nurses and candy strippers hang out there.

    If you want a religious person, go to more than Sunday morning services.

    If you want someone who parties, look for a club.

    Want a quiet introvert (or these days, maybe a drag queen) head to the library.

    ReplyDelete

WTF is that noise?