Saturday, November 19, 2022

We should all tell 'The Boss' to suck eggs...

For the first time in his career, Bruce Springsteen, 73, told Rolling Stone that he opted to use Ticketmaster’s dynamic pricing model to sell tickets. This allows for extreme inflation based on demand. But fans were not pleased with the varying ticket prices — some reaching up to $5,000 — when they went on sale in July.
“What I do is a very simple thing. I tell my guys, ‘Go out and see what everybody else is doing. Let’s charge a little less.’ That’s generally the directions,” he explained to the magazine. “They go out and set it up. For the past 49 years or however long we’ve been playing, we’ve pretty much been out there under market value. I’ve enjoyed that. It’s been great for the fans.
“This time I told them, ‘Hey, we’re 73 years old. The guys are there. I want to do what everybody else is doing, my peers.’ So that’s what happened. That’s what they did,” Springsteen laughed.
“They’re (the ticket prices) in that affordable range. We have those tickets that are going to go for that [higher] price somewhere anyway. The ticket broker or someone is going to be taking that money. I’m going, ‘Hey, why shouldn’t that money go to the guys that are going to be up there sweating three hours a night for it?’ 
 

While the average Springsteen ticket set a fan back $250, the “Born in the USA” legend said he knew that choosing to sell seats this way may be “unpopular with some fans,” but he is still confident that his performances are worth the investment.
 
How about you just stick those tickets up your ass 
you greedy, self-centered fuckwad. Juss' sayin'...
... 

And to think me and him usta be friends. Go figure me, huh?
(Yeah - that's me on the right next to himself...)
... 
 
If you are thinking of getting something a little 'special' 
for a special someone, won't you consider at least looking 
at some of the jewelry my wife makes? 
 

Click on this picture to see this bracelet.
It's beautiful and it's only $ 38.00. See for yourself.
... 


4 comments:

  1. Um, Bruce, your idol Obama once said "At some point, you've made enough money."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....He needs to change his clothes, his hair, his face

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never attended a Springsteen or Swift concert and have no desire to do so. I really don't care for their music and certainly don't agree with their politics. That said, I cannot fault them or Ticketmaster for dynamic pricing. As I understand it, it is simply supply and demand. All entertainers are physically limited in the number of performances they can deliver. All venues are physically limited in the number of people they can host. That leaves a limited number of available tickets for sale. I would assume the entertainer could require ticket prices to be fixed or stair-stepped structured to not exceed a certain dollar amount if they so desired. I would also assume the entertainer could let the market dictate the price of the ticket and let supply and demand drive the price. The bottom line is, no one has any right to buy a ticket at any price - cheap, expensive or otherwise. No one is forced to buy a ticket. If someone has a spare $20,000 to blow on a Taylor Swift concert ticket, I don't care. If someone wants to spend thousands of dollars to watch millionaires throw a ball through a metal ring for a couple of hours, I don't care. As long as they don't receive any taxpayer support, they cost me absolutely nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won’t believe this, but the Home Depot warehouse in NJ (supplying the HD stores in the Northeast is BIG, and may be able to contain BS’s ego if you empty it of. all its merchandise. I had to go there for work a few years ago and I never saw such a monstrosity. It was about 1/2 mile long by about 1000 feet wide.

    ReplyDelete

Be careful what you wish for, Calvin...

...    Here's a great idea for a gift for  that cat lover in your life ...     Click on the picture for more information on these beauti...