Tuesday, August 16, 2022

And I thought this was a uniquely Florida problem. Guess not, huh?

An elderly woman was killed by an alligator in her gated community after she slipped into a pond while gardening near where the creature was lurking. 
The body of the woman, identified as 88-year-old Nancy Becker, was spotted near an alligator that looked like it was 'standing guard' at 11.15am yesterday in Sun City Hilton Head, a gated adult community city just north of Savannah in South Carolina. The death is the fourth confirmed fatal alligator attack in the United States this year and second one in South Carolina.
Emergency services were able to recover Becker's body around 1pm, the sheriff's office said in a news release. Authorities said that the Sun City resident had been 'doing a spot of gardening' near the pond on Monday morning when she slipped into the water. She was unable to get out in time before the alligator struck.
 
Game, set, match. Alligator 1- Old lady nil.
... 

(Don't worry - I know I'll be going to hell for the way I present these stories, but I bet you wouldn't want it any other way. Juss' sayin'...)
... 


1 comment:

  1. But HOW did the alligator get into the gated community is what we want to know.
    And if you go to hell that alligator will likely be watching for you…

    Franknbean

    ReplyDelete

Today, I semi-officially hung up my belt...