Friday, April 29, 2022

DJT's social media is up and running, and so is he...

 
President Donald Trump returned to social media for the first time in more than a year. He posted a picture of him looking dapper in a black suit as he stood on a croquet court outside his pink stucco Mar-A-Lago mansion from his app Truth Social, writing: 'I'M BACK #COVFEFE.' 
He made a joke about his infamous 2017 tweet, where he suffered a misspelling while criticizing the media's coverage of his administration. Trump said he would not return to Twitter, even if Elon Musk reinstated his account, and said he doesn't view the social platforms as rivals. 'We want liberty and justice and fairness in our country, and the more we can have open, the better, but no, I don't view that as a competition,' he said. 
He also said his app would not censor like Twitter has been accused of doing. 

He insists he won't return to Twitter, even after it was bought by Elon Musk, who has vowed a far less censorious approach to content moderation, sparking rumors Trump could be allowed back. 
'I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on Truth,' Trump told Fox News. 'I hope Elon buys Twitter because he'll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on Truth,' Trump said.
Representatives for Truth Social said the platform is 'better than being on Twitter' and will be a positive impact within the social media world, but does view it as competition with Twitter.  
They hope to take the firm public as part of a special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) worth $3.5 billion, although many prospective users say they've struggled to sign up. 
'I think it is good. We want liberty and justice and fairness in our country, and the more we can have open, the better, but no, I don’t view that as a competition for what I am doing,' he told Fox News. 
 
Here's the link if you're interested:






2 comments:

  1. I know a lot more people with Android phones than Apple....one would have thought Trump would start there instead of Apple....but then again, who am I to question... I'm not a multi-millionaire/billionaire either....there's always that....

    ReplyDelete

Twisted Hillbilly's got another HillBetty to tuck you in tonight...

...     Have a birthday or anniversary coming up? Here's a nice idea for a simple gift that she'd really appreciate...        Click ...