Saturday, September 26, 2020

Wuddya gonna do when the well runs dry?


Yeah - I guess that mighta been a problem back in the day... 


Do you know that a battle was fought, during WWII, 
right here on American soil? It's true...
... 

... 

... 


Julia Child on the set of her cooking show, "The French Chef" on public TV station WGBH in Boston 1963... what the viewers at home didn't see
... 


... 

A guy in what appeared to be a brand new, stupid expensive Tesla copped an attitude with  me yesterday because I musta changed lanes without using my signal when he was trying to pass me in the right lane. 

I gave him the finger and mouthed, 'Fuck you tree hugger'. He looked like he mighta wanted to get into a little road rage thing with me, but then he musta said 'fuck this' and sped off silently. I think he realized that:
 A) I'm from New Jersey,
 B) I'm 67 and have long hair in a pony tail so I look kinda weird scary and
 C) He definitely realized I drive a 15-yea-old beater F-150 pickup truck and I'd kill both of us just for the fuck of it.
All in all it ended well.
... 


... 

Remember way back when when the tree-hugger people clamored for plastic bags so they could save the trees?  Yeah - me too...


The days appear to be numbered for plastic bags in the Garden State.
State lawmakers on Thursday passed a bill that would limit the use of single-use plastic bags, paper bags, plastic straws and polystyrene food containers in New Jersey. The measure is an attempt to reduce the amount of waste generated in the state.
The Democrat-sponsored bill (S864/A1978) prohibits food service businesses from giving customers single-use plastic bags and polystyrene food containers. The bans apply to a variety of businesses, including restaurants, convenience stores, food trucks, movie theaters and grocery stores that are 2,500 square feet or larger. Grocery stores specifically would be prohibited from giving paper bags to customers.
... 

This is one helluva tablet for under $ 110 bucks. 

No kidding - under $ 110 bucks. 

I just got this very one for my wife so she can do her 
online stuff on Etsy with it. She loves it.



CHECK IT OUT HERE:
...  
... 

... 

... 

... 

... 


Tell me these two guys don't look like something straight out of a Cohn Brothers movie...
... 

... 


... 


... 

I got this from my wife for my birthday last year. 
This thing is ridiculous fuckin' cool to have.


 I just found it on Amazon. Here it is:
... 



Yeah - turn out the lights when ya leave guys - 
that party's over...
... 

 ... 


 ... 


... 


 ... 


 ... 



Yeah - I'm old enough to remember when 
they had glass ashtrays and real coffee mugs.
... 


 ... 


 ... 


 ... 



The friggin' dog's doin' better than me.
... 

Incredible sound quality and no wires. 


... 


... 

I'll leave ya with this:



... 



The first of three presidential debates is scheduled to take place in Cleveland, and promises to be a wild night of spirited arguments, and likely personal attacks. 

While Biden has been in seclusion diligently preparing for the debate, Trump has largely eschewed traditional prep, instead pulling advisors aside on the fly to test out different lines of attack. 

Because Biden has largely avoided hostile settings in recent months, and reportedly plans to focus his arguments on how he would solve the coronavirus pandemic and improve the economy, some of his allies fear he may be unprepared to face vicious personal attacks on Tuesday. 'It's like training for a knife fight and somebody is getting an Uzi,' one Democratic congressional aide lamented.
... 


... 

... 

... 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if Julia Child ever passed gas on those poor bastards? Could you imagine meeting your buddies at the local bar for drinks and then explain to them what you do at your new job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude - THAT's where your mind goes? Yikes..............

      Delete

Who's this? She should be easy...