Monday, October 7, 2019

A new day, a new start

More Than 100 Killed And Thousands Injured In Anti-Government Protests In Iraq


That is all...

(because nobody really gives a shit)

...


Luis Severino certainly should be fresh when he tries to lead the New York Yankees to yet another Division Series sweep of the Minnesota Twins.

The 25-year-old right-hander didn't make his regular-season debut until Sept. 17, spending most of the year rehabbing a lat muscle injury sustained while warming up for his first spring training start.

''I never thought about this situation, but I thought it was going to be something similar, getting healthy, and I'll be back to help my team in a situation like this,'' Severino said Sunday. ''I think I came back at the right moment to help my team.''

New York takes a 2-0 lead into Monday night's game at Target Field, tying to sweep a best-of-five series from the Twins for the third straight time after 3-0 victories in 2009 and 2010. The Yankees also beat the Twins in the 2017 wild-card game, part of Minnesota's misery in the postseason. If the Twins get swept, they would tie the North American major pro league record of 16 consecutive postseason defeats, set by the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks from 1975-79. Minnesota's last 12 postseason defeats have all been against New York.

Jake Odorizzi (15-7) starts for the Twins after being skipper over for Game 2 in favor of rookie Randy Dobnak.

''We got punched in the mouth a couple times in New York, but the thing about it is we have pride to punch back,'' Twins reliever Trevor May said.

...

If you don't like my posts about the Yankees, please let me know. 

It's not like I give a fuck about what you may or may not think of the Yankees, and I sure as shit ain't gonna stop them. 

I just wanna have a good laugh at your expense.
...


...


Stand yer ground little fella.

...

It's worth it if someone you know buys 
a lot of shit online - like my wife. 

Check it out for free here:


...


...


...


And she's sober? NAHHHH...........
...



...


When I was a kid my father bought me a .22 rifle for Christmas. 
I was 10 that year.

...

Say a proper fairwell to Ginger Baker - check this out:



...


File that info away - Ya never know when ya might need it.

...


Unabashed Joy. Think about it.

...


Buster Keaton - He was called this because in his earlier movies he would sometimes smile but in his later work he wouldn’t. Some people would even claim that he couldn't smile or laugh at all but he sure did make a lot of others laugh in his day.

...

My kitchen. Every night.

...

Got this for Christmas last year from my wife 
(who has cooked exactly FIVE dinners in the past 35 years). Very good book. Check it out here:



...



When my father crossed the Equator for the first time 
during WWII.

...


Just inside my friend's pizzeria on St. John in the Virgin Islands.
...


That's me when I was brand new.

...


Downtown Belfast on a normal weekday afternoon. What they've accomplished in turning that city around is truly remarkable.
...


3 comments:

  1. As a long time follower of the Bronx Bombers I can only say "They don't make em like they used too!" You can argue all day that Maris couldn't hit today's pitching or that Whitey could only be used for BP. But man o man they were gods to a little leaguer in South Alabama a long long time ago. keep up the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born on the Mick's birthday - October 20th. His best line is the motto of my life.

    "If I knew I was gonna live this long I'da taken better care of myself"

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Greta Thurnberg was a few years older I would say she needed to get longstroked to calm her ass down. Since she is an ignorant minor she should just be ignored.

    ReplyDelete

Good Morning...